Tuesday 5 February 2008

First Presentation in S.L. (Super Tuesday)


My first 'proper' presentation in S.L. ... venue ISTE Island ... 6:00pm S.L. time = 9:00am Thai time ... and the topic was about ... i.s.i. of course.
I gave the presentation using voice and not written chat.
I'm usually very comfortable standing up in front of other educators ... but this was the first time I could not make eye contact, and that is not an easy transition to make ... the audience were very supportive with chat comments which was, for me, essential. (thanks guys)
I did end up enjoying it and it was a very positive learning experience for me on technical issues, presentation style and management in a virtual world ... hopefully it was also informative for those who attended.
.... and don't laugh, but I actually physically stood up for the talk and moved around rather than sit at the desk ... isn't that strange?
More pics at http://flickr.com/photos/kjarrett/sets/72157603860728917 ... thanks to KJ Hax for taking these.

No comments: