Saturday 15 September 2007

SculptO'Matic Sim Mapper




I thought this would be a useful thing to have on the island as a point of reference - general orientation, teleport station or just as an object of interest. It is suppose to create a 3D Sculpted primitive of the sim. I have followed the instructions ever so carefully, but all I'm getting is this multi-coloured blob. I have IMed the seller (Anjin Meili) twice now. As yet, no luck. Hopefully he will get back to me soon. The ratings on this product on http://www.slexchange.com/ indicate that it's probably me doing something wrong...will update this post when I get it right!



Update! I knew that would happen. I've been trying to get this to work for days and as soon as I blog about it, this chappy returns my IM! He was a great help. Seems I was putting the texture on the object rather than in the object. Hmm a very subtle difference but obviously makes all the difference. Next I need to make texture to overlay onto the prim.



Last bit...
I've created a texture to overlay onto the prim by capturing screen shot on the map and importing that into Paint Shop Pro. In there, I edited the graphic to remove the yellow circle and view point that you get showing up on the map. Export that out as a jpeg and upload into Second life as a texture. Easy- 3D map created!

No comments: